Saturday, June 23, 2012

School's Out Summer's In

Hey everyone! Now that Graduation is over and schools around the country are done, it is time for summer vacation! In the United States, summer break is a two to three month long break from school during, you guessed it, the summer time! Once all the hard AP tests are over (check out my AP test blog if you don't know what those are!) it is much needed to have a long break from school.
People use this time off to do different things. Some travel, near or far. Some go to fun locations around us like Disneyland or Palm Springs. Others spend the time to travel to further locations, like Las Vegas or even Europe. My friend and I spent the weekend in Las Vegas with her parents, seeing all the sights and shows. My other friend spent the week in Germany, taking tours and eating culinary masterpieces.
However, this vacation from school is not entirely a break. Almost everyone in high school has summer work to complete before the returning school year. This includes reading books, writing essays, and reviewing for new material. I have lots of summer work, especially with International Baccalaureate work as well. Wish me luck! Luckily the weather is great and I have all the time in the world. Summer will truly be a fun time! I cannot wait to share all my summer adventures with you!

What do you like do to when you are on a break from school? Let me know in the comments!

xoxo

4 comments: