Friday, February 10, 2012

Sports Authority

Hey everyone! As a follow up to my last post, I am pleased to report that the New York Giants are the winners of the Super Bowl! Although it was a close game, the New York Giants beat the New England Patriots with a final score of 21-17. Talk about a nail biter! The Giants have played in the Super Bowl five times, and have won four times including this year. Although there can only be one winner, both teams should be extremely proud for making it to the final round.

Speaking of sports, since the seasons are changing here, so are the high school sports! The sports year is divided up into three seasons: fall, winter, and spring. There are different sports that only occur during these seasons. For example, American football and tennis are fall sports, basketball and soccer (football) are winter sports, and baseball and track and field are spring sports. Since I am not involved in a winter sport, I am in pre-season for my spring sport, Track and field! Track and field is a sport comprised of different athletic activities based on running, jumping, and throwing. 
In the running category, there are long distance, sprinters, and relays. In the jumping category, there is long jump, triple jump, high jump, and pole vault. In the throwing competition, there is shot put and discus. There truly is an activity good for each unique person. Since I am so tall, jumps are a good fit for me. I am on the varsity long jump and triple jump team, and can't wait to start another competitive season.

What event would you do if you were in track? Running, jumping, or throwing? Let me know in the comments!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment