Friday, January 10, 2014

Winter Break...More like Warm Weather Break!

Hey everyone! Now, my Winter Break has been very different than most. Instead of cozying up by a fireplace with a hot chocolate in my hand, I have spent it outdoors in the sun! Yes, the cold weather has evaded Southern California and instead a constant 70 degrees Fahrenheit, around 21 degrees Celsius, changes the potential activity list. However, my family wanted to do something in the winter spirit, so we headed up to Mammoth Mountain for a skiing trip! It was so fun to be able to ski in the snow (even if most of it was artificial because of the warm weather up there too) and spend time with my family. It didn't even feel like we were in the mountains at all as the sun was shining the entire time.
Shredding with my brothers in Mammoth

While I was at home, I had to take advantage of the warm weather. I spent one day at LACMA, the Los Angeles County Museum of Art just enjoying all the outdoor pieces with my friends. One of them was a giant rock, not sure the purpose but it makes for a great photo opp!

Loving my friends and this rock
Lamppost art...works for me!

And of course, who can forget about New Year's Eve! I rang in the new year with my friends and family, and as tradition had to watch the ball drop in New York City on TV! But for me, the most exciting part was what came on New Year's Day... the Rose Bowl! Every year on January 1st the college American football team the won the Pac12 devision and Big10 devision play off in an epic game watched by viewers around the country! And Stanford (Pac12 champion) was in it! As a student, I got to actually go to the game in the student section instead of watching it from my house. It was an amazing game and even though Stanford lost in the very end, I had a great time cheering on my school at such a famous event and arena.
New Year's Eve with my friends!

Rose Bowl!

At the tailgate before
Loving the student section seats
Check out the video below for some highlights from my warm break!



How was the weather on your winter break? How did you celebrate New Year's Eve? Let me know in the comments below!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment