Monday, March 12, 2012

College Cruisin'

Hey everyone! Junior year in the United States is a great time to start touring colleges. It is important to visit the colleges you want to apply to so you see if you like the campus and can imagine yourself living there for four years. This is a main part, and one of the first parts, of the college application experience. Luckily for me, I got to visit one of the colleges I am planning on applying to, University of California in Berkeley, for an MUN conference I attended on campus over the weekend. It was such a great experience! Not only did I get to debate in a fun and new location, but I got to experience the campus from a student's perspective as well. We stayed on the campus and walked to our MUN location each day. We also got to walk around the city surrounding the school and eat food in all the students' favorite spots! It made it feel like we were already in college.
Spending time at a college campus is a great way to see if you fit at the school! You sometimes need to travel far, but if you are considering attending the school its a trip well spent. And who knows, maybe you will be living there one day!





What colleges are you planning on visiting? Let me know in the comments!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment