Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Super Signers

Way to go hawk athletes!
Hey everyone! At high schools all across the United States, top sports athletes were committing to their colleges through National Signing Day. This happens on the first Wednesday of February each year and it is the first day a high school senior can sign a binding National Letter of Intent for their college. In other words, this is the day where all athletes who have been recruited by a college to play a sport there commit to the college.
At my school, we had 7 athletes sign with colleges. They are going to be attending colleges all over the country ranging from Dartmouth and Boston University in the East Coast to Cal Baptist and UC Santa Barbara in California. It is exciting for me to see my fellow classmates committing to the colleges they will be at next year. Since I am not playing a sport for a college team, I will not hear back from my colleges until the end of March or the beginning of April. So while I am waiting, these athletes can relax because, as of today, they are officially accepted to their amazing colleges.

How do you feel about a signing day for American sports teams? Let me know in the comments!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment