Thursday, May 9, 2013

Stress and Strive

Hey everyone! This week has been extremely stressful because I have AP (Advance Placement) and IB (International Baccalaureate) exams every day! These are tests high school students can take to earn college credit after completing the challenging high school course. Seniors take the most AP and IB exams because we are enrolled in the most pre-college classes. I am taking 8 AP and IB tests this year! Yikes! It is a ton of work, but it will all be worth it when I receive college credit and my IB diploma at the end of the year.
The Prom Princesses during a pep rally
Even though I am stressing over work, it doesn't mean that my school life has to be boring. I graduate from high school in about a month and a half, and many schools graduate in less than a month, so there are many fun senior activities going on! We have a senior picnic, awards ceremony, and of course, senior prom. I am honored to be on the Prom Court this year! This means that 5 girls and 5 boys from the senior class are nominated to be Prom Princes and Princesses, and the seniors vote at prom for 1 King and Queen. I get to do be involved in activities at school since I am a prom princess, like dressing up in silly outfits at pep rallys! The tradition of a Prom King and Queen is just another way to bring the senior class together before graduation. My school is also putting on an end of year musical. This year, it is Les Misérables! This is a wonderful musical and the fact that my friends are preforming in it makes it even better. As the testing winds down, the activities get more fun! Once testing season is officially over at the end of next week, I will be able to enjoy the end of my senior year.
Me at my school musical, Les Misérables

How do you celebrate the end of a school year? Let me know in the comments!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment