Monday, October 17, 2011

Sports: All Day Every Day

Hey Everyone! This school year has been extremely busy for me, from school work to extracurriculars. One of the activities that keeps me, and a lot of other American high schoolers, busy is sports! Joining a sports team is a great way to stay physically fit, while feeling a sense of community within the school. You become great friends with the other students on the team because you spend so much time together! My tennis team has games around three times a week, and practice every day. It's a lot of work, but it is worth it when you team wins! Each sports team plays a certain amount of games, then the overall winners goes on to a larger tournament called CIF, or California Interscholastic Federation. This is a big accomplishment that every team works towards. There are also different levels of each team. There can be teams ranging from Freshman, Sophomore, Frosh-Soph, Junior Varsity, and Varsity which is the top level. I am on the Varsity tennis team at my school, so I have to work extra hard! The atmosphere of high school sports are incredible, and is worth all the hard work. Another fun aspect of sports is the team mascot! Ours is the Hawks.


All sports are important at my school. Here is a video my school's video production team made about all our great sports teams. Check it out! And as always, Go Hawks!



What sport would you like to play for on a high school team? Let me know in the comments!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment