Sunday, September 18, 2011

Friday- Fun Day


100 points for 11th grade.. thats me!
performers at the pep rally
Hey Everyone! Friday was our school's first pep rally, American football game, and dance! Each friday before a big game or event we have a pep rally, where the cheerleaders preform, the band plays a song, and students participate in funny games. And I was chosen to be in it! I had to stick my face in a pie and find the piece of gum at the bottom! Eww! Then I had to be the first to blow a bubble. And guess what, I won! I won 100 points for my grade. We have an ongoing competition between grades to see who can get the most points, and I'm glad I got some for my grade.

American Football in action
Cheerleaders in a stunt
That night was the first football game! Our school mascot is a hawk; it's the animal that represents our school. It's something for us to cheer for at games. The school we were playing were the timberwolves. So of course, we have to beat those timberwolves! The game got off to a rocky start, with us loosing in the beginning. Then in the final seconds, we kicked a field goal to win! Go Hawks! In the middle of the game we have a fifteen minute break, or half time, where the cheerleaders, band, and color guard preform. Color guard is dancing while twirling and throwing flags.
Beat those timberwolves!
Cheer performing at half time

Band and color guard performing
Lastly was the dance! The theme was Ahoy! A Dance At Sea, so everyone came to the football game in their underwater outfits. The game ended at 9:30 p.m., and the dance started right after that and went until 11p.m. Dances are a really fun was for the whole school to hang out in a social environment! Unfortunately, we only have about five every year. I guess the shortage makes it even more special!

Mermaids at the football game
football running through the sign
If you could have any animal as your mascot, what would it be? And what would you wear to an underwater themed dance? Let me know in the comments!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment